Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Revival isn't a one man show

This morning as I was dwelling with the Lord I heard the word "Revival."
I sat and pressed into the Lord to see what He wanted to speak to me about.
He said, "Are you ready for revival?"
I tried to imagine what it would look like if we had revival. 
It would be incredible, people coming to the Lord and falling recklessly in love with Him.
I can totally see that.
It always is great to see the first image of God's glory falling down and love arresting the hearts of the lost. 
I have imagined this over and over again. 
I felt the Lord telling me to look beyond that image this morning and it scared me.

I started to feel fear well up in my heart.
I saw hundreds and hundreds of people having this amazing experience and then they can't keep it going.
They get hurt, grow cold, bitter, and everyone is getting frustrated at church leaders, the neighbor, etc.
Slowly people start to trickle out, thinking "I can just worship at my own house", marriages start to fall apart, and we are back to the beginning.
Why--because we tried to do it on our own. 
I reminded myself of the many things the Lord tells us.
His love never fails.
His strength is made perfect in weakness.
He is faithful to the end.
The list goes on.
But those weren't what I saw.

Am I ready for revival?
Honestly, NO.
I started to question the Lord, " What are you saying? You won't be here? I don't understand Lord."

His reply was,
  "Sarah, I am teaching you how to sustain relationships. You can bring revival and I will pour my glory out and fall in love with my children but in order to sustain it you have to be able to sustain a relationship and that starts with Me."

When we become intimate with the Lord He teaches us how to sustain relathionships.
He sees with different eyes and hears with different ears. 
He is The Sustainer.
If we can't see through eyes of the Lord and hear with His ears we cannot sustain a relationship.
We can fake it until, we get offended or hurt.
We can go to an unfulfilling point with each other where there is no depth.
But until we have intimacy with the Lord, intimacy with people won't happen.
We leave unsatisfied.
To have intimacy with people we must walk in forgiveness and continually asking the Lord to reign over our hearts and relationships.
We are created to need each others strengths.

There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 
And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all.
But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all.
1 Corinthians 12:4-7

We are all different but there is ONE GOD.
"But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all."
FOR THE PROFIT OF ALL.
We need each other, we profit each other and the only way we can sustain relationships is intimacy with the Lord first.
The deeper we go with the Lord the more we will desire intimacy with His children.
We will become aware of each others gifts and will fall unity together with the Lord.

God didn't design revival to be a one man show.

It's about intimacy with each other sustaining relationships in unity.

Revival is a community of lovers falling into unity with the Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment