Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Love Edifies

I was watching a sermon/teaching yesterday on fasting for intimacy and the speaker said something that really caught my attention.

"Knowledge has a way of destroying relationships."

I haven't stopped thinking about it since. 
This morning as I was asking the Lord what to write the only thing I heard was this quote.
I couldn't think of what to end it with.
I kept asking God for what He wanted and complaining that I had no clue where to go with this quote [because I didn't like what He picked.]
I mean, honestly it could be so wrong. 
Solomon desired knowledge/wisdom.
If you look up knowledge in the Bible most of the scriptures tell you to seek knowledge.
I said "God I have all these against me, and it's your word.
I have to be wrong so what do you want me to write."
Again I hear the same quote. 
So, I kept searching for what He wanted to tie it together with.

Now concerning things offered to idols. 
We all have knowledge. 
Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies.
And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know.
But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.
1 Corinthians 8:1-3

I found this verse and kept studying over it.
I searched through my Bible to see what it connected to.
I found lots of cross references. 
One was 1 Corinthians 13, "The Love Chapter."

So, How does knowledge ruin relationships?

I was brought way back to Genesis. 
Adam and Eve.
The ONE thing they couldn't have in this glorious garden was what?
The tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

This tree of knowledge wrecked their relationship with God.
 I don't think that this tree only represents knowledge of good and evil.
I believe it represents God's relationship with Adam and Eve.
Eve just had to KNOW what it was, what happened when she ate it, what it meant.
I believe God placed that tree there to give Adam and Eve a choice.
LOVE or KNOWLEDGE.

They chose knowledge and it ruined that relationship based off of love.

1 Corinthians 8:1-3 mentions that knowledge puffs up.
knowledge becomes proud. 
We start to base our lives off of what we know or don't know.
That is NOT how God designed us.
If God wanted us to base our lives off of what our knowledge is then He wouldn't have forbidden the tree of KNOWLEDGE.
His heart desires us to choose love; to choose Him.
He knows that knowledge alone ruins relationships.

And though I have the gift of prophecy,
and understand all mysteries and all knowledge,
and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains,
but have not love, it profits me nothing.
1 Corinthians 13:2-3

Knowledge without love does nothing.
The devil has knowledge.
The devil knows scripture.
The devil is smart.
He has NO love.
Therefore, there is no profit for him.
He can throw knowledge in Gods face all day long but
Love conquers all.
In the end it doesn't matter who knows what, the devil was defeated through love.
Now, I am not saying that God isn't as smart as the devil.
Obviously He is, He is love.
That is true knowledge and wisdom.

We let knowledge get in the way of so many relationships.
So many insecurities are based off of knowledge.
I am guilty of it.
I cannot tell you how many times in a day I get frustrated and insecure because I don't "KNOW."
"I dont know the rules for softball."
"I don't know how to work this program"
"I don't know what I like."
I could go on and on, but it doesn't matter.
LOVE MATTERS.
I know God.
I know Love.
In the end Love is faithful.
Love edifies.




No comments:

Post a Comment