Saturday, June 15, 2013

STOP STRIVING

I wait for the Lord,
my soul waits,
And in His word I do hope.
Psalm 130:5

STOP STRIVING.

That's the Lord's word to me.
I am His precious daughter.
A daughter isn't called to strive to hear her father.
A daughter isn't called to strive for anything.
Her Father carries the burden.
He carries the weight.
He only wants her to rest in His words.
He wants her to put hope in His promises.
He wants her to wait for Him and let Him do the work.
"Rest, my daughter, and hold onto the hope in my words.
I am a good Father. I love you. Stop striving for everything."

Stop striving to push into the next place.
Stop striving to get this season over with.
Stop striving to get to the next level of God's glory.
Just stop striving.
Every season, every place, every part of God's glory serves a purpose.
Our Father doesn't want us to push and push and push.
Let Him push.
I always have wondered why it's so hard to reach the next point.
Why is it so hard to crush the wall down and reach the next point?
I'll tell you why: We are trying to rush God's timing.
God has a purpose for every time, every level, and every place.
When we want to push onto the next place we are just trying to move a giant brick wall by ourselves.
When we rest and wait for the Lord the walls crumble so easily.
When we just hope in His words that barrier is crushed in God's perfect timing.
There is an extravagant place it takes us when we just wait and let God carry us through the barriers.

STOP STRIVING.


No comments:

Post a Comment