Monday, June 3, 2013

It's okay to be wrong

So this morning I wrote out my entire blog, posted it,
 and then let Kadin review it.
He told me that it didn't sound like me.
I got hurt, fear gripped my heart and I became self conscious.
I ran out of the bathroom in a towel and deleted it as quick as I could.

I began praying and asking The Lord what was wrong. 
Why didn't it sound like me?
I was writing what I heard.

He said, "It's okay to be wrong daughter."
But Lord, I could have damaged someone's heart.
"It's okay to be wrong daughter."
God, I don't understand.
"Daughter, it is okay to be wrong."
  
Sometimes we hear The Lord speak and we assume that it's for everyone.
Sometimes we hear The Lord speak and add our views of people in our lives and forget that The Lord's view is so much greater than that.

It's okay to be wrong.
There is a feeling that comes when you recognize you are wrong.
It almost feels like a pinch in your heart.
It's pride being pushed around.
No one likes that.
But we have a choice.
Either we can take our pride lift it up and try to justify ourselves, hurting people whose intentions were pure.
OR
We can sit back and just let The Lord flow.
Let Him speak and show you what was wrong, and let Him lead you differently.
Let Him teach you.

My first instinct was to be bitter toward Kadin.
I am extreme, I either want all in or all out.
The in between is really hard for me.
My reaction was to jump and delete that blog, shoot, you know I was going to delete the whole thing.
I was irritated that Kadin pointed out my flaw, it hurt my pride and instead of wanting to deal with it I decided to just go extreme.
I couldn't really get the thought in my head that the WHOLE thing isn't wrong just a small portion is.
For someone who is either HOT or COLD that's a hard concept to grasp.
I started to go extreme but there was a tug in my heart to know God's heart.
I deleted my blog post and decided if I am going to go extreme I may as well go extreme toward my Father.
Just a few simple words changed my whole look on my post.
"Daughter, It's okay to be wrong."
I realized God used my mistake and made it good.
It's what my dad always called "a teachable moment"

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to His purpose
Romans 8:28

The Lord is SO good.
I love Him.
My intentions were never to be wrong, or to hurt anyone.
That's when pride is the hardest.
I had such great intentions but, the view of God in my heart changed slightly.
But, guess what, HE LOVES ME.
He works all things for the good of those who love Him.
All I had to do was step back and say, "Lord, what is wrong?"
He just wanted my pride.
I just had to give it to Him.

We can't mess up God's plan.
We can't go beyond redemption.
We can't do anything to make God change His mind about us.
Whether it's a simple wrong like messing up a blog post or murder.
God has a plan for us.
He loves us.
He will work ALL things for the good of those who love Him.
We just have to let Him take our wrongs and let Him teach us.

Show me Your ways, O Lord;
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day.
Psalm 25:4-5


It is okay to be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment