Saturday, July 13, 2013

Not just a story

Knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things,
like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers,
but with the precious blood of Christ, 
as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.
1 Peter 1:18-19

I cannot count how many times I have heard, read, or taught the story of Christ's death and resurrection.
"God sent His one and only son to die for us.." blah blah blah.
It's almost become like a Dr. Suess book; we all know the story.
But, it's NOT just a story-- it's real life.
Death is real.
Life is real.
Redemption is real.

This morning I was reading 1 Peter and doing a study by Max Lucado and I felt a smack in the head.
I love the story of redemption and everything that it means. It's beautiful.
Today when I got smacked I felt the Lord say "Sarah, it's NOT a story."
The death and resurrection isn't a story, it's real life.
Not only that but it's who we are.
When Christ went to that cross He didn't just die and raise up to defeat death.
No-- Christ became ME.
He became my shameful sinful heart and took the penalty 
He became ME and took the wrath for ME.
He took my heart to the grave, dripping in blood and then He raised a new heart up.
He raised up my heart completely redeemed and placed it next to the right hand of His Father with Him.

But God, who is rich in mercy, 
because of His great love with which He loved us,
even when we were dead in trespasses,
made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 
and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.
Ephesians 2:4-6

Jesus died as us and our Father raised our hearts up in Jesus to be seated in heavenly places.
It's not just a story, it's real redemption displayed in a perfect Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment