Thursday, July 25, 2013

"I choose you daughter."

It has been quite a while since I have written.
I could say I have been crazy busy and have a hundred blog posts stored up, but that'd be lying.
Honestly, the Lord has been dealing with my heart and here it is.

I had a dream that I was at a gym and there was a huge crowd of people.
I was on a basketball team with a friend of mine and we were having a good time.
Half time rolled around and the sport changed from basketball to volleyball.
All of a sudden I was sitting on the stands alone.
My team called a few other friends to play and left me on the sidelines.
As I was sitting there feeling like dirt, cast away, rejected, a father figure came.
There wasn't anything significant that he said, he was just there.

This past 2 weeks the Lord has been speaking to me about who I am.
I have been the person who gets chosen, invited, called, texted, etc.
I also have been the person who has not been chosen, invited, called, texted, etc.
It is really hard to face the fact that you might not be picked and that
people move forward without you sometimes.
I have dealt with this a lot lately.
I was praying and praying asking the Lord to help me out.
He said, "I choose you daughter."

There is a throne in each and every one of our hearts.
What we place on that throne is a defining point in our lives.
You may be thinking you are great and that this doesn't apply to you but unless Jesus is on that throne you are not great.
You feel great now, but there will be a day when whatever is on that throne fails you.
Whether it is sooner or later, it will happen.
I never realized that I had this box of values on the throne in my heart.
Yes, I love the Lord and I continue to seek Him, but I had those values stored on the throne
in my heart.
The box was sitting on the edge just waiting to come crashing down.
I had this perfect picture in my head and I received all these different values that other people have of me. Those values started to be my affirmation.
I placed people on the throne that belongs to the Lord and they fell.
They fell because of ME. 
I put them on a pedestal and as soon as I got hurt they crashed down.
Hurt, broken and bruised I cried out to the Lord. 
He came to my rescue, "I choose you daughter."

You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, 
And called from its farthest regions, 
And said to you,
"You are My servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away."
Isaiah 41:9

The Lord chooses us every time.
The Father chooses us every time.
It doesn't matter what we place on the throne in our hearts, when it comes crashing down He is there.
As I continued to seek the Lords heart for me, 
He continued to affirm me.
The only difference was that He affirmed me in HIM, not other people. 
Our hearts are so precious to the Lord and He just wants us to be loved by Him.
When we place people, things, church, work, etc. on the throne in our hearts we get hurt.
The Lord is sitting there beckoning us to come to Him.
He can see the hurt we are causing ourselves and the Lord just wants to pick us up and hold us.
He wants to show us all He created us to be.
It is so easy to take our hurt and blame it on whoever hurt us but there is so much more to it than that.
During my process of healing I have learned a couple things.
When I feel hurt it either means:
1.) I placed someone or something on the throne in my heart that didn't belong 
 or
2.) The person who hurt me placed something on their throne that didn't belong.

"Hurting people hurt people."

I am convinced that the hurt we feel is a matter of where our eyes are.
If we look to the Lord when we get hurt and cry out to Him then He will come and pick us up and reveal to us where our eyes were misplaced, or show us how precious the person who hurt us is.
He will give us new eyes to see the way He does.
He will show us what we made idols, that we allowed ourselves to be idols, or that someone else had an idol.

I can't tell you how many times I have felt replaced, cast away and left alone.
My dream I wrote earlier is just another confirmation of the Lord's faithfulness.
It's a reminder that when we feel replaced, cast away and left alone, He is there.
The Lord chose you , He chooses you every time. 
You are irreplaceable.
Jesus took your broken, sinful heart and died with it.
You are now redeemed and seated in heavenly places.
The Lord has your heart.
Let Him reveal Himself to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment