Friday, July 26, 2013

Look Up Beloved.

"Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing, 
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness 
And rivers in the dessert."
Isaiah 43:18-19

How often do we focus on the old? 
Sometimes I get so caught up in past memories, hurts, opportunities that I don't see the wide open door right in front of me.
The Lord tells us to lay down our burdens and let Him carry them.
That means the shame, depression, unworthiness, hurt, etc.
We cannot forget the "what ifs."
What if I had...
What if I didn't...
What if I listened.. 
The list of "what ifs" could go for miles.
But we are not called to look down, or backwards.
The Lord calls us to look up and forward.
The Lord is new EVERYDAY.
When we lose a day, then another day, and another  because we can't seem to look up, we lose a new thing. 
The Lord is doing a new thing always and He has all of these beautiful promises but we are holding ourselves captive in our own chains.
Look up beloved. 
Look forward beloved.
There is a new thing waiting for you to see it.
This wilderness you are walking through has a road built, but you are walking away from it.
The dessert you are in has rivers flowing all around you.
Look beloved, see the goodness of God flow around you.
See the goodness of the Lord making a new thing for you.
Let the chains fall from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment