Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mercy is still alive

For judgement is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy.
Mercy triumphs over judgement
James 2:13

How many times do we forget about mercy?
How many times do we choose judgement?
When someone wrongs us or does something that is against the "Law of *Sarah*" (*Your name*) we instantly decide they owe us. 
They owe us, owe society, or even better owe the church.
Whether it is money, a life, an apology or even an explanation.
They owe us.

Wow, an explanation? 
I bet that makes you stop and think doesn't it?
It makes me think. 
If you are anything like me sometimes when I read something I go through the mental checklist.
Have I ever expected an apology, a life, money?
Nope, nope and nope. 
Well I'm in the clear!
(Obviously we know that's not true, but it is an example)
When I get to explanation my heart skips a beat.
Yes I have expected apologies before.
Maybe not money or a life but an apology, NO DOUBT.
 I honestly have expected explanations from people more than I could count.
Why do we need an explanation?
You and I both know it isn't to make sure they don't need prayer.
No, lets just be honest. 
At least 50% of the time it is so we can pass a judgement on what they owe.
Yes, we do it subconsciously, nonetheless we do it.
But what about mercy?

Mercy TRIUMPHS over judgement.
Mercy comes and demolishes judgement.
Mercy is still an option.
Mercy is still ALIVE.
 The way society has been formed around rules, laws and punishment causes us to lose sight of Father God.
My mind is frequently brought back to the shooting in Connecticut not long ago.
This guy shot several children and a teacher.
Everyone all over America decided in their hearts what he owed.
It was more than his life and he already took that.
But, what if He didn't? 
If the guy did not take his life there would be riots, protestors and mobs trying to assure that their judgement be fulfilled.
Would anyone have even considered Mercy?
No one would think that it is an option.
Mercy is ALWAYS an option.
Father God continues to show us mercy daily, hourly, even by the minute.
Shouldn't we take Mercy into account?
The Lord has been pressing mercy into my heart.
He says "Sarah, don't forget about mercy."
Now, I am here to tell you, Do not forget about mercy.
Before we pass judgement remember that mercy is still alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment