Friday, November 8, 2013

Isaiah 61

Isaiah 61

I wish  you could see the page in my Bible that has Isaiah 61.
I almost took a picture and posted it because you can see that it holds a huge part of my heart.
I honestly am surprised  I can still read it because I have so many different marks, notes, and verses underlined.
There is so much power in the 11 verses of this chapter and it moves me.
This verse has been so crucial in every part of my life.
God revealed my calling in the first 3 verses. 

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me,
Because the Lord has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor;
he has sent Me to heal the broken hearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of prison to those who are bound;
To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
and the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
to console those who mourn in Zion,
to give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The Garment of praise for heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness, 
The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified"
Isaiah 61:1-3

I know that this is for my heart. 
He has called me to Love. 
This verse is Love.

Then Father God uses this verse to redeem my heart and restore it.

"Instead of your shame you shall have double honor"
Isaiah 61:7a

No longer am I subject to shame. 
Shame is not in my DNA PERIOD.
That means it's not in your DNA either.
You are full of honor and not just one portion, DOUBLE portion.
Yep, believe it.
The Lord took your shame put it in a big fat ugly box and threw it farther than you could think of.
NO MORE SHAME.

And guess what else?
The Lord promised to keep me forever.
No matter who leaves me, or who chose someone else over me, God chose me.
He loves justice and the more we seek Him the more we point toward truth.
We are an EVERLASTING covenant with Him. 
FOREVER.
Nothing can compare to that.
I am a bond to the Lord.
Your heart is a connection to the Lord forever.
No matter what. 
He chose you.

"For I, The Lord, love justice;
I hate robbery for burnt offering; 
I will direct their work in truth, 
And I will make them an everlasting covenant."
Isaiah 61:8



No comments:

Post a Comment