Thursday, May 30, 2013

Revelation

"I do not pray that You should take them out of the world,
but that you should keep them from the evil one."

John 17:15

The most powerful prayer I have ever heard is in John 17.
Jesus' prayer to the Father, His intercession for us.

We are called to so many things. 
NONE of which are to "get through life."

Jesus prayed for us to STAY.
He interceded for us to be protected here and to BE HERE.

After I read John 17 I decided to read some of Revelation. 
As I read it I was amazed.
Why do we take the "end times" or Revelation and manipulate it?
God didn't write the book for us to try to guess when it was.

No, I believe that Revelation is beyond that.
That is the surface view, plus manipulation.
He didn't call us to get through life.
He didn't call us to guess when the prophecy was fulfilled.
God doesn't play guessing games.
The mystery is in Him.
He just wants us.

He desires us to be lovers of His face.
To love His people.
He called us to BE HERE. 

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only."

Matthew 24:36

We won't know when, so why even try to figure it out?

FEAR.

Fear brings out CONTROL.
Fear of the unknown makes us want to know when the end is.
Fear of life makes us want to get through it.
Life is good if we are in control right?
If today goes how I want it then it's a good day. It's a blessed day right?
NO.
That's living in FEAR
Our fear and control puts a wall between us and God.
If we are in control, we haven't given God authority over our lives.
No wonder we can't see that God wants us to love Him. 
Fear is in the way.

Revelation is a PROMISE
It is a book of HOPE and conviction.
As I started to read I could just feel The Lord reminding me what it is there for.
It's there to give Hope
It's there to stir up a desire in our hearts to know our Father.
To convict us to go deeper and look into our hearts and see what The Father sees.
It is there to tell us why we are called to BE HERE





No comments:

Post a Comment