Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Be Loved.

Teach me how be be loved.

That is my prayer this morning.
It always amazes me how The Lord teaches me through my whole prayer journal then the very last sentence that I write is Holy Spirit smack down. 
Maybe it's just me, but that's what happened this morning.

It appears like a simple concept.
Being loved isn't the hard part, it's loving right?
But what does being loved look like? 
Pure undefiled love isn't repaying anything. 
God doesn't love us because He know's we will love Him back.
Actually, He loves us despite how we feel toward Him.
He loves those who never will choose Him

We love Him because He first loved us.
1 John 4:19

You cannot just love without being loved first. 
We wouldn't know love unless He loved us first.
That means we need to receive love to know it.

The other day I came to this realization that it's hard to BE LOVED.
Being loved is letting someone in your heart and allowing them to dwell there.
You sit back and receive it. Soaking all of it in.
You aren't thinking about what you can do for them. 
You aren't thinking about what is next.
It is just sitting back and letting love fall down.
When you think about what is next, or what you can do, that is serving. 
That's being Martha, when Jesus wants us to be Mary's.
By allowing yourself to be loved it brings out a deeper love inside of you.
A love that you give back subconsciously. 
Being loved overflows your cup into others around you. 


BE LOVED.


No comments:

Post a Comment